Monday, March 17, 2008

My little chicken





Before I tell this story I just wanted to say that Easton was one of those "early walkers, late talkers." So now that he is starting to talk of course we think every little thing he says is so cute. Plus he has this really cute, innocent sounding voice.
Yesterday I was eating a candy bar (I'm a chocoholic) and Ben came up to me with his mouth open saying "ahhh." I told him he already ate his but gave him a little bite anyway. Then Easton, almost three years old, walks across the counter over to me with his mouth open saying, "ahhh." He reminded me of a little baby bird with his mouth open depending on the mother bird to feed him. So I said, "ohh, a mommy has to feed her chicken." I gave him a small bite. He wondered back to his seat and I tried to hurry and eat the rest because I knew he'd be back as soon as he finished his bite. As he was on his way over, I had the final gooey bite on my thumb and I held up the empty wrapper to show him it was gone. He wasn't fooled. He walked over to me with his mouth open eying my thumb. I was selfish and I told him it was mommy's. The next thing he said was, "mommy's chicken," and tried to bite what was left of the candy bar off my thumb. I thought it was so cute that I ended up giving him another miniature bite (I of course finished it off!). Don't you think he's a cute chicken?

5 comments:

Mia said...

They definitely learn by example and imitation. Those photo booth pics are hilarious and quite freaky!

The Shumways said...

Okay, I LOVE that story. Easton is soooo cute! He really does have an innocent voice. I also love the picture of he and Tay that Halloween. Classic.

Heather Ballard said...

That is a cute story. Hey, I have something that I need to give you from Becky. It's a turbo kick thing.

Douglass Family said...

Yeah, he is by far the cutest chicken ever! SO I am so disappointed I didn't get to see you at church or at my sisters house. Hopefully we can catch up soon! Bryson would love to meet his new buddy Phoenix!

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

Cute boys. They sound like they are so much fun. I loved seeing the picture of you and Ashley on there blog. Hopefully we can come out and she your beautiful growing family.