Saturday, September 6, 2008

Camping

This is our favorite campsite in Utah County.  It's at the end of the road past Timpanookie campground and takes a serious vehicle to get to.  We took our piece of junk Mazda, and seriously thought we would have to leave it on the side of the road forever!  Miraculously, the Mazda made it and earned it's new, prestigious nickname: The Golden Nugget, Part Deux!  Honestly, we drove for a couple of hairy hours to get to the site just to eat and sleep the night; left first thing in the morning.  Was it worth it?  Oh yeah!
Always eating dirt!

The Golden Nugget, Part Deux (in the background)

6 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

That looks awesome! Does it really take 2 hours to get there? I need to know of somewhere to go camping this Friday. Want to come?

Lizzylou said...

What a pretty spot. How did you ever find it? Pheonix looks like he's lovin' the dirt! What a fun way to end the summer :(

The Farrell Family said...

Looks fun! We haven't been camping forever. I love that picture of Pheonix! He looks adorable even when he is covered in dirt. :)

Cassi said...

Hey, I am changing my blog to invit only so can I get your e-mail address so I can shoot you over an invite? Thanks! cassiostler@hotmail.com

Angie said...

Looks like fun! BTW I love the pic on top of your blog of you and Ben...awesome! Any reason it's sideways? Just wondering if I'm missing something :)

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

How fun I just found your blog. Your family is so cute. I believe you had your boy at the same time I did. Anyways, it's fun to see how your doing.