Monday, June 2, 2008

NO PANTS, POO, AND MCDONALD'S







So we've had a few good laughs (mixed with embarrassment) with Easton lately.  First of all, I was racing to get the boys ready and out the door as fast as I could for one of my aerobics classes that I teach at Gold's Gym.  As I was getting Easton dressed upstairs I remembered that his pants were downstairs and I told myself to grab them on the way out the door.  Of course I forgot and realized it when I got to the gym.  I couldn't not show up to instruct my class so I took him to daycare with no pants.  They probably thought I was the worst mom!

Second funny experience happened at McDonald's last weekend.  I went inside to quickly rent a movie from redbox and in the mean time Easton ran to play on the indoor playground.  In the middle of the process Easton charges by and stands in front of me with no pants on, no underpants on or shoes. Yup, just a shirt.  The people in line behind me start laughing and of course I'm humiliated.  I asked him where his pants where and he just runs off wanting me to chase him.  I was torn with what to do but finished renting the movie cause everybody was waiting.  In the back of my head I knew exactly why he had taken off his pants but didn't want to face up to the fact.  Ben came running in from the car because he saw Easton's bare bum running around Mickey D's.  He grabbed on to Easton's arm to stop him from running around while I went back to the playland to check out the damage....I was right.  He had pooped in his underpants so he took everything off then stepped in it with his shoes so took them off too.  What I nightmare.  Thank goodness it was closed so nobody was in there.  This potty training thing has been really rough.

I hate to admit it, but a month before that he had a similar experience but this time it happened in the playground way up high.  He came out with no pants on and we all looked at each other like, "oh crap."  When Ben went up there sure enough he found a nice surprise.  The sad thing is I don't even know if it was Easton's because it looked dried and crusty.  Who knows how many different feces samples are in that thing.  Anyway, we cleaned up Easton's bum as quickly as we could then went to tell the store manager acting like it wasn't our kid's poo that we discovered because we felt so stupid.  He had to shut the whole area down for cleaning.  I think he called it a "code black" or something.  We did feel pretty bad but were laughing pretty hard inside.  I bet that makes you think twice about eating at McDonalds!

10 comments:

lramey said...

i'm glad you braved the storm and showed up with no pants on him for class! That's the price he has to pay I guess!! (just kidding)

That is DISGUSTING that you took a picture of the poo. You're killing me! Play places, I've thought, are always covered with crap, but i guess they literally are eh? GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haskins said...

Steph, that is the funniest thing ever!! Just one of those days. YOur boys are adorable!

Unknown said...

That is seriously hilarious! Isn't it humiliating when something like that happens, and you feel like saying..I promise I really am a good parent. I don't think I'll be going to Mc D's anytime soon!

Heather Ballard said...

That is a good laugh. I'm dreading the potty training thing.

The Farrell Family said...

I am cracking up here. As I was reading this I was thinking, "haven't I heard this story before?" But it was the other no pants poo at McDonalds story I had heard. Funny, funny, funny. :)

Mia said...

I am dying of hilarity right now. a code black, eh? I am sure this will be a fantastic story to keep for Easton and tell his future friends/g-friends when he gets older. And you took a picture of it, to boot! I see the blog is now blue, no longer pink...

Cyndi said...

thats disgusting!!! You are so funny! I will for sure think twice about Mcdonalds playplace from now on!

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

Hey guys! I didn't know you had a blog until I just noticed a link on Doug and Maria's. I am so excited that you do! This is Libby by the way. I was laughing so hard as I read your story ("code black" - that's hilarious)!! Kids give us the best memories. Your boys are so darn cute!

Molly said...

I hate potty training! I am so glad to hear from you! I still go back an forth on the private blog thing, so I will invite you if i decided to go private again!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny! That will totally be me I know it. Connor isn't acting at all interested in potty training and I'm NOT looking forward to it at all! And yes. Now I will think twice about the playland. It never occured to me before that stuff like that happens.